- 1 x drill
- 1 x 12 mm masonry drill bit (3/8”)
- 1 x 13 mm spanner / wrench
2) Check the wall by tapping and knocking and see if it is sturdy enough and not just a hollow thin layer of plywood…
3) Choose any height from 1.3 m and higher, depending on the distance of your hangers. Make sure to install the anchors higher if they are further away than 3 m – otherwise you either don’t have the 30° angle for your hammock or you will touch the floor. ;)
4) Drill a hole in a concrete or stone wall with a 10 mm (3/8”) boring head. Check the length according to the Bolt included in the Kit. Clean the hole with a brush or blow residual dust out with a straw.
5) Gently insert the fisher first.
6) Insert the lag bolt with the hanger and the washer already threat in, screw the bolt until it is securely tightened.
7) Attach your Rope or Moon Strap to the hanger and use your hammock the way you are used to. Don’t attach the aluminum Carabiner directly to the stainless-steel hanger, because it may damage the Carabiner. Start with gently sitting inside your hammock to see if the hangers are installed safely and securely.
For block, brick or concrete walls use a 10mm masonry drill bit to drill a hole to the depth of 80mm. Insert nylon wall plug fully into hole. Screw hook into plug as far as it will go.
For timber use a 6mm wood drill bit to drill a hole to the depth of 70mm. Screw hook into hole as far as it will go.
For stud (hollow/partition) walls it is extremely important to centre the hook on the stud which may be covered by panelling or plasterboard. TIPS: Use rope to extend from hook to hammock if necessary. A simple hitch is an effective way to attach it. Always ensure the two ends of the hammock are at the same height.
WARNING: Incorrect installation could result in risk of injury. Ensure all work is carried out by a person competent in this type of job. Periodically check the hook for signs of excessive wear and particularly stress cracks and replace if necessary. These hooks are not suitable for use in ceilings.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE